Crepe paper Christmas star gift wrapping
Wrap the gifts in twigs and metallic wrapping paper and decorate with ribbons and crepe paper Christmas stars. Preferably make the crepe paper Christmas stars in advance, so they are ready to stick under the ribbon when you wrap.
How to do it Download the templates/recipes
1. Print out the template sheet, which is available as a PDF at the bottom of the page. Cut out five squares and clip into a leaf shape according to the template sheet. Remember to follow the stretching direction and the stretching symbols. Also cut a 1x30 cm strip per flower.
2. "Divide the thread into two with pincers. Glue the two petals to the thread and turn one petal a half-turn to change the stretch direction. Let the glue dry. Note: the stretch direction in the paper should be diagonally down with the flower thread, just as on a natural leaf."
3. Colour the edges and centre of the leaf with a watercolour marker and go over the watercolour with a water brush. Then let it dry for 20–30 minutes.
4. Mould the leaf when dry. Twist the edge of the crepe paper between two fingers for a more natural look, and bend the floral thread in the middle backwards for a little shape.
6. Glue the 1x30 cm strip just below the petals on the back and pull the paper down at an angle. Wrap around the flower thread and glue continuously and as a finishing touch.
7. Cut wrapping to size around the gift, noting that the paper should be 5 cm wider than the gift at both ends. Fold in the ends to form a point and tape the point.
8. Tie on curling ribbon: Start with the ribbon on the front of the long side and thread it down to the end and onto the back. Cross the ribbon on the back and slide it onto the narrow side. Tie a knot where the ribbons cross on the front.
Attached file: Download
Template. Print the template here.
Also go exploring in