A poppy from crepe paper
Make your very own eternity bouquet with poppies from crepe paper. Cut out the template, make the centre from crepe paper and decorate the stamen with glitter. Make the leaves, glue them on the stem and cover the stem with green crepe paper.
How to do it Download the templates/recipes
1. Print and cut out the template available as a PDF file for this idea. Cut out all the parts for the poppy. Remember to follow the stretch direction shown on each template.
2. Push a floral stem wire into a polystyrene ball and stretch out the oval piece of crepe paper to make it round. Apply Multi Glue onto the crepe paper and the polystyrene ball. Cover the ball with the crepe paper. Attach the small flower-shape piece of crepe paper to the middle of the ball opposite the stem.
4. Make sprinkles by cutting small pieces of orange crepe paper. Cut a strip of crepe paper, cut tassels into the strip of paper, roll the strip of paper together and cut along the tassels to make sprinkles.
7. Add a crinkly look to the poppy petals by folding the paper back and forth in pleats (in a concertina fashion).
11. Cut a 1 x 20 cm piece of green crepe paper for covering the florist stem wire. Stretch out the paper and fasten one end onto the bottom of one of the petals using a glue gun. Glue the strip of paper all the way around the bottom part of all the petals. Continue wrapping the crepe paper at an angle around the floral stem wire, covering it completely. When securing the strip of crepe paper around the floral stem wire, you may switch to Multi Glue to avoid the glue drying too quickly.
13. See idea No. 16082 for the instructions for the peony. See idea No. 15983 for the instructions for the bluebells.
Attached file: Download
Template. Print the template here.